MARTIN B-26 B&C MARAUDER By JERRY L. BATES
The B-26 medium bomber was first entered service with the USAAF in 1942. Initally it was used in the Pacific Theater but later used in Western Europe and the Mediterranean.
Powered by two Pratt and Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp engines of 2,200 hp, it was capable of 250 mph cruise. It initially got a bad reputation and nicknamed the “Widow Maker” due to it’s high speed landing speeds. Later, after extra training, the B-26 would serve honorably and end the war with the lowest accident rate of any aircraft in the US service.
Manufactured from 1941 to 1945 with over 5,000 units.
WING SPAN 106.5”
WING AREA 1550 SQ. IN.
WEIGHT 24 lbs.
POWER (2) ZENOHA G-23 GAS
There are no reviews yet.